Sunday, September 23, 2012

LossOfSight

Man fears what man cannot see.  Afraid of what lies in the darkness.  Hesitant to proceed when certainty fails to become present.  Reduced to aimless blundering and missteps as he plods on to what could be today's solid ground or yesterday's quicksand.  This past week, I have been voided of the use of my contacts.  Thus my vision is greatly impaired  

 I have been hindered in practice, work recreation, and daily activities.  Daily routine has been clouded with fear and hesitation.  things that would usually require no thought no require excessive caution and assistance. 
 I am reduced.  
To a burden. 
 To a second guess.  
To a hindrance

.  But through the absence of my sight, appreciation has grown for other aspects.  Music, Conversation.  Interaction.  Touch. Feeling. Sensation.  Realization of the complexity of the process of all that goes into a single feeling has light shed upon it.  the gap of ones use can mean a complete roundabout when interpretation occurs.  The absence of sight of facial expression and body language during a conversation, the location of objects, the beauty of the night sky, the surrounding nature when outdoors.  All contributed to what culminates to the ultimate factor that may at some times completely take over the occurrence.  The vibe.  The vibe in incredibly omniscient.  The vibe can defer between truth and lie.  The vibe can transport ones psyche to another dimension.  Yet even with all our senses, we sometimes fail to utilize or block our most important tool in detecting feeling.  

The obstructed use of sight this past week has opened other worlds for me.  And deepened contemplation as I sit on the dock of my cousin's beautiful lakehouse on torch lake Michigan.  Though the stars right now only appear to be blurs, I was still able to see a shooting star.  

The sounds of explosions in the sky, RjD2, Pete Rock, and Moving Mountains invade my ears.  Music floods the brain, waves gently lapping the shore and the occasional chatter of bats floats through the air.  Though denied one of the most crucial aspects of feeling: sight, I am still able.  To VIBE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment